Difference between revisions of "REX Quickstart guide"
|(One intermediate revision by one user not shown)|
Latest revision as of 20:18, 8 July 2011
Hi! Thanks for buying a REX! Here's how to get going quickly--
1) follow the hardware installation steps... REX Hardware Installation
2) power on your laptop, enter BASIC, and type
and, at the prompt, decline to start REX Manager. You will be returned to MENU. Now, enter BASIC again, and type
and, voila, TS-DOS is now active in your Model T, courtesy of Club100 and REX. For T200 installs, use the basic command
Download all the verified working ROM images for use with your REX here....(see the links on the main page...).
You will see a program called REXMGR.BA is now installed. You can run that program any time to enter REX Manager, to load and run all the different ROMs you wish, and to allow you to manage your RAM backups.
To load files to/from REX, you MUST have a way of hosting files REX can access over the serial (RS232) port.
To host files for transfer to REX via REX Manager alternatives include
- NADSBox, LaddieCon for Windows XP, 2000, Vista, Windows 7,
- DLPlus for Linux/OSX/BSD, Desklink for Win98 or DOS or
- DLPilot for PalmOS 3.x era devices (UNVERIFIED, but should work)
as the best TPDD devices for use with REX Manager.