From Bitchin100 DocGarden
This is a design document for a Model 100 terminal program.
- 38400bps support
- Hardware flow control
- The core should be open, educational, and reusable in other applications
- Permit queueing of multiple receive or transmit operations
- "Zero copy" - receive and transmit directly to/from the clients memory.
- Configurable RX level high/low watermarks for disable/re-enable of RTS
- Adjustable number of RX buffers and buffer size
- Interleaved transmit and receive
- Priority of operations are:
- The current RX or TX operation as an atomic unit
- Keyboard polling
- Bottom line display
- No-scroll display updates
- Scrolling updates