Using TS-DOS to Load RAM4TH
Note: these instructions probably only work with TS-DOS running from OptROM. If you don't have TS-DOS OptROM, you may want to try POWR-DOS instead
- First, download the following files and transfer to your external drive:
Note: clicking on each link brings up a page. There is a link with the expected file name near the top that you can right click, and save the link target.
- Connect the drive to your Model T laptop.
- Enter TS-DOS. Ensure that "DOS-ON" is enabled.
- Exit TS-DOS.
- Enter BASIC.
- Convert RLCLDR to a binary format:
- Assuming you want to locate RAM4TH at 50176, Type
new clear 100,50176 run"0:RLCLDR.BA"
- Select option #1
- Enter the following output filename:
- Enter the following input filename:
- Indicate to load the program at address
- WAIT A LONG TIME. A REALLY LONG TIME.
- At the BEEP, you should have a RAM4TH.CO image on your external drive.
- To load RAM4TH type:
- To exit RAM4TH type: